Saturday, September 13, 2008

Love...

As I was given this topic to write on for my mission trip assignment, the first reaction was “Waaaa…It is such a BIG word to write/talk about”. Last Sunday, Mark Matthews and his wife came and share on the topic of Character of God. It was really a challenging and teaching session for each one of us. To stop what we are doing…Pause…and just reflect on God. To meditate upon His word. In the midst of their sharing, one phrase that caught my attention is when they said “God does not send half-baked missionary but a full-baked missionary to the mission field”. Lord, am I full-baked yet? I would say there are so much of “internal” preparation rather than all those physical preparation. To prepare our heart and to really get ourselves right with Him. I realize one thing, the more I’ll try to prepare myself for mission…the more work I’m getting at office. “God, please help me to manage my time”.

Tonight I really want to take this time off to do a write up on LOVE. Its good also when I am given assignments to do or else I really take things for granted. When we think about the word LOVE-the normal things that we always think about is maybe relationship…guys-gals-getting-together…get married because they love one another…Does that explain what LOVE is all about? I guess that’s how the world see it each day. From dictionary.com: Love is defined as a) passionate affection for another person, b) a feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection, c) the benevolent affection of God for His creatures, or the reverent affection due from them to God. What do you think?

How about us Christians? What is the meaning of love to you? I’m currently attending a course now and one day the speaker was talking about love…He said this “Love is an action..You feel love through people’s action..You can’t feel love when people just say I love you…can you?”. Then he add on to say this “Love sacrifices..Love would go to the extend to die for someone..Love is selfless…”. Who do you think fits best in this statement. None other than JESUS Himself. Just take a moment to ponder on the well-remembered scripture. John 3:16~For God so loved the world, that He gave His one and only son. For whosoever believes in Him, shall not perish but have everlasting life.

But how do I feel God’s love upon my or even your life??? For me personally, to accept Jesus as my personal Lord and savior it’s the first step of faith and love. Why? Because I put my faith in God knowing that He died on the cross for me and its because through this action…I know there is someone who loves me unconditionally and still accepts me as His son. I believe this is something each individual have to experience it by themselves and just take the step of faith to believe in Him.

Another key word here about love is that God loves us UNCONDITIONALLY!. Do you realize that we as humans would always act/do or even love with a condition? Unknowingly we have instill some terms & conditions when we want to love someone =). But God just loves us UNCONDITIONALLY…Means no condition at all~He doesn’t cares what color your skin is, He doesn’t care what race are you, He doesn’t care what you did in the past whether is it good or bad stuff, He doesn’t care your age…Basically He just DOESN’T care BUT He still LOVES us so much. Because of the fallen world, we are all “doom” for hell but because of this UNCONDITIONAL LOVE, Jesus have to come down to save us so we can all be with Him. At times I ask myself this question…”God loves us so much that He is ready to die for us, do we love Him so much that we are ready to die for Him?”. Well, of course the extreme point of death is during persecution time they just want you to deny Christ~if not, they would just kill you. But did you realize that each day we are suppose to die to ourselves and follow after Him: Then He said to them all: “If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me”- Luke 9:23. It is basically each day living a testimony for Him or in other terms…Being the church wherever we go. People would laugh or reject us just because we stand up for Him. How much do you love Him?

One song I just sang it during CG just now and I just want to share it with all:

Think about his love, think about his goodness,
Think about his grace that brought us through.
For as high as the heaven above,
So great is the measure of our fathers love.
Great is the measure of our fathers love.

How could I forget his love? How could I forget His mercy?
He satisfies, He satisfies, He satisfies my desires.
Great is the measure of our Father’s love.

No comments: